Friday 29 October 2010

Suspension of Disbelief

I've been watching a lot of episodes of Buffy the Vampire Slayer of late.

Please don't judge me. It was Ze Husband's fault. He MADE me do it.

I'd never seen an episode of Buffy until about six weeks ago, given the only reason I stopped having nightmares about the Big Bad Wolf was because said BBW got chased off by imaginary vampires whose desire to eat me was even stronger. And those vampires could FLY, dammit- my usual techniques for escaping from the wolves didn't work any more.

I digress.

Anyway, with the assistance of a cushion to hide behind and knitting so as to avoid concentrating too much, I've got through three whole seasons. There are many things in Buffy requiring suspension of disbelief- all the vampires, for instance. But the one thing that really gets me is: Just how many coats does that girl have? Normal people have one coat, maybe two, or three at a push. I counted, and Buffy had SIX different coats in one episode. Seriously. And it's not even cold in California.

Back to the cupboard to hide from flying things with fangs...

No comments:

Post a Comment