Tuesday 7 February 2012

It's cold outside...

...no, I'm not just stating the obvious (although it is REALLY REALLY COLD at home. Well, we do live in the terres froides, so it's probably to be expected...)

I suspect, for most people, the musical associations attached to these words have something to do with a certain hairy Welshman (erm...Tom Jones, that is).

For me, though, the conjunction of growing up in Britain in the mid-to-late 80s with my parents' tastes in television mean that "It's cold outside..." leads to THIS:


 

(the words kick in at about 0:45).

As far as I know, this was the only song my dad ever sang to me as a child. (N.B.: Not a sob story. My dad just doesn't sing).
How on EARTH was I supposed to grow up to be anything other than a geek?

1 comment:

  1. http://desencyclopedie.wikia.com/wiki/Terres_Froides Clearly a better explanation of what the Terres Froides actually are than the Wikipedia link...

    ReplyDelete