Wednesday 23 December 2009

The Scream

Yet another food-related post... but it's the next-to-last one for a while, promise. There are things about ears, llamas and apostrophe misuse planned for next week, but in the mean time, please bear with me- it's nearly Christmas, after all.

Having attempted to make mince pies earlier in the week and failed to find mincemeat (ze boy thinks the lack of British grocery stores in Lyon is a mark of culinary greatness. I think it's a gnomish plot. No change there, then) I resorted to other means of bringing a little bit of British tradition to France. What better way to do this, I ask you, than by hanging food off trees? (Please don't answer that. I'm sure there are many).

The result bears a somewhat disturbing resemblance to a famous painting- I'd put the two up side-by-side on here but I'm not sure how the copyright thing works in these cases. Anyway, the title of the post, the picture and this link should suffice.

If you were wondering, this strange creature (the one in the picture, you understand, not the blog, which is also a strange creature but in a more abstract sense) is one of a batch of stained glass window biscuits... or, as I'm planning on calling them from now on, Munchies.

Sorry.

Really, I am.

Anyway, Nestlé have already taken the name, so the world may yet be saved from my appalling puns.

Back to the cupboard now before I come out with anything worse.

Tomorrow: A poor maligned vegetable plans its revenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment