Monday 29 November 2010

Fun with Words, Again

Helloes!

I've been playing with a certain automatic translator again. It makes me feel my job is worthwhile.

The phrase I fed it, this time, came from a packet of toilet rolls: they claim to be "doux et moelleux", which translates as something like "soft and squishy". Obviously no English-speaking toilet roll packet would use the word "squishy" (although I didn't think any English-speaking toilet roll packet would claim to be "kitten-soft", either, and THAT exists, God help us).

So. What did the automatic translator make of "doux et moelleux", then?

(Drumroll, please. Please? No? Why not? Naaaaaw, that's not very kind of you! Hmph).

Doux et moelleux: Sweet and mellow.

That is some seriously chilled out toilet roll we're using.

No comments:

Post a Comment