Wednesday 23 June 2010

Cake Thursday

Last week I sort-of-accidentally started a new tradition at work: Cake Thursday.

I'm off Tuesday and Wednesday, and I like to do a bit of baking on one of those days- cake, or bread, or biscuits, or cui-miam-miam as it was last week. We have a gas oven, and the fact that we have to pay for our gas directly through a meter in one of the kitchen cupboards (seriously, I didn't know those things still existed until I moved here) means I feel guilty about putting the oven on with less than three different things in it.

I also have some exciting and under-used baking toys (thanks to Lauren for the first, Madeline for the second) I want to get more use out of.

Last week, I made chocolate and Nutella fairy cakes. This week, I'm thinking lemon drizzle cake. I'm after some new ideas to try, though, and this is where you lot come in- any suggestions? Challenges? Bizarre ingredients I should try and incorporate?

2 comments:

  1. carrot cake is always a good option. :) ...with cream cheese icing. yum...
    Or, one time I made a delicious chocolate cheesecake with Grand Marnier icing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooo....that's a distinct possibility! This week it was toffee apple cake, next (by request) is walnut, but there are lots of weeks still to go and I'm trying not to repeat anything...

    ReplyDelete