Tuesday 25 October 2011

Rawr!

You may vaguely remember me talking about a top secret project a while back, the results of which I would not be able to reveal until after our wedding anniversary.

Sorry to have left you all in suspense for so long. No, really, the stress of not knowing must have been dreadful. :-p

Here, without further ado, is what I was up to:


For those of you who don't understand the French (or the original dinosaur), it says "RAWR! (that means "I love you" in dinosaur).

The inspiration came from a couple of tshirts I found on the internet with the same caption (in  English) and from  Subversive Cross Stitch, an idea I find extremely appealing in principle although I don't see why they have to use swear words all the time. I don't usually have much patience with cross stitch and my inability to finish a project is widely recognised, but what with being on bed rest at the time and all that, this time it did actually work. And yay for using up bits of leftover embroidery silk!



2 comments:

  1. Any way I can get this pattern from you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm afraid there is no pattern- I made it up as I went along (some bits got sketched out on squared paper first, but only very roughly). If you click on the picture you'll see a bigger version, and I have no objections to you copying that/making a pattern from it (for non-commercial purposes, in any case).

      Delete