Thursday 27 October 2011

39 weeks

So. After all that, the Squidlet seems to have decided she's in no hurry to come out after all, and we've got to 39 1/2 weeks. Because of her early escape attempt, I've been more or less mentally prepared for her to turn up for the last three of those weeks, and I'm starting to get a bit frustrated.

Also, it's gone relatively cold here, which would be fine except I only have one pair of maternity jeans. Cue cut-offs with knee socks on the days my jeans are in the wash... the giraffe print socks look particularly classy. Oh yes.

(No, I don't go out much, why do you ask?)

Come ON, Squidlet. I want to be able to wear skirts again. And to be able to walk at normal speeds. And drink vast quantities of beer eat things with raw eggs in. I have plans for a chestnut tiramisù which are becoming increasingly urgent.

Oh, and while we're at it: one bump picture.


I wasn't consciously attempting to imitate the penguin in the corner, either. Honest.

2 comments:

  1. YAY! :) you look so incredibly cute - as I knew you would! incidentally, I noticed you have my blog on your honour roll... I've got nothing on Pioneer Woman, though. She's in another class of superhuman (or, at least, supermom). But I love her site, and recipes. :) Meanwhile, I've been delinquent these days on the blogging department...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mon aînée m'a fait le même genre de blagues... Courage, bientôt la fin. ;)

    ReplyDelete