Saturday 13 February 2010

Adressing the Issue

Wedding planning is not really my thing. Sure, I'm excited about getting married and sure, I want it to be a nice day, but the merest mention of colour schemes is enough to make me feel faint and if I see another Facebook advert for "pre-wedding weight-loss plans" or the like I might actually punch the computer.

Then there's The Dress. Not a dress, but The Dress. I had thought about that a bit, thought about making one, then made a conscious decision to stop thinking about it because it was just annoying me.

On Thursday, I was out in town picking up a few bits of shopping when I saw, on a chalkboard in an alleyway, "wedding dresses on sale". I went and had a look, just on the offchance, and because the shop is actually a sewing workshop/fabric shop/dressmakers that just does a sideline in wedding dresses, it wasn't threatening. To me, no shop that sells animal-shaped buttons can be threatening.

I found a dress. I tried it on, because hey, I'm unemployed and I had nothing better to do. I liked it. I liked it so much that I made an appointment to go back and visit it again this morning...

and...

(drumroll please)

Reader, I bought it.

That was fairly painless, really- if all the wedding planning goes that smoothly, I will be one very happy tree-climbing gnome.

1 comment:

  1. That is what I call efficient dress buying! well done.

    ReplyDelete