Wednesday 10 February 2010

Conversion

That's it. Windows has blue-screen-of-death'd me once too often.

Yesterday, it would appear that Windows tried to update itself and failed miserably, meaning my computer wouldn't start properly, poor wee mite. I'd been pondering the idea of converting to Linux for some time now (I know, I know, I said no more penguins, but Tux is quite cute...) but had never quite found the nerve to do it. Faced with a poorlysick Arnulf (my computer is named after Arnulf de Montgomery, who I suspect not even medieval history undergrads have heard of), I finally took the plunge. The conversion was relatively painless, actually, even for someone as technically inept as me. Tech geek high five please!


Windows hurt Arnulf
Arnulf now has Linux
Yay for Ubuntu.

And that, for those who hadn't figured it out, was a haiku, inspired by The Steen from Land of Teeny- and so the week of blog-friend inspired posts continues!

1 comment:

  1. Horaaay for Catherine! Welcome to Ubuntu, hopefully you will never look back. Sorry i could not virtually accompany you in this life changing transition.

    ReplyDelete