Friday 26 February 2010

Merry-go-Round

I've spent the last ten days on a hunting trip in Cambridgeshire. My prey- the elusive Job- has so far eluded me, but I have laid down some traps which I hope will work. Before leaving for the hunting trip, however, I did manage to catch- with my bare hands! - a small job (joblet?) for next week. The poor admin people at the jobcentre already struggle with the ridiculous range of things I apply for (editorial assistant, waitress, pastry chef, PhDs...)- I think they think I'm making half of it up. So, now, which of these things am I doing next week, they wonder?

PIT ORCHESTRA!

Hahaha.

I'm playing for a production of Carousel, a musical about which I know very little, except that it involves clams. My dad, who knows more about such things than I do, informs me that no, there are not going to be actors dressed up as shellfish and begging people not to eat them. 'tis disappointing. Ah well, we shall see.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe I should follow your lead regarding the diversity of jobs to apply for...I'm being stubborn and sticking to jobs related to my masters in the hope of finding the job of my dreams.

    ReplyDelete